What is jQuery Mobile? Why jQuery Mobile? How to use jQuery Mobile?
If you have already heard about jQuery, then your next questions could be: What is jQuery Mobile? Why jQuery Mobile? How to use jQuery Mobile? In this article, I am going to answer these questions. If you do not know what jQuery is, then refer to our easy to understand tutorial on jQuery.
What is jQuery Mobile?
Why jQuery Mobile?
Here are some of the top reasons why jQuery Mobile is used:
- jQuery Mobile is built on top of jQuery core. Hence the learning curve is very minimal for people who are already familiar with jQuery syntax.
- jQuery uses minimal scripting for laying out pages in HTML5 and CSS3.
- jQuery Mobile allows to create themes with relative ease.
- The code is very scalable and robust thereby automatically scale to any screen.
- Its Progressive enhancement approach brings core content and functionality to all mobile, tablet and desktop platforms and a rich, installed application-like experience on newer mobile platforms.
- jQuery Mobile boasts of ajax-powered navigation thereby decreasing the amount of time one may need to browse the website.
- jQuery Mobile’s API supports Touch events, Mouse events usually associated with jQuery, making it completely cross-browser and platform compatible.
- jQuery Mobile provides animated page transitions for slick transitions and effects that are pleasing to the eye.
- jQuery Mobile is lightweight, uses minimal image dependencies and hence it is very fast.
- Built in controls are themable by the built in UI and the Touch Optimized interface is completely supported by the UI.
- jQuery Themeroller can be used to build custom widget designs.
- jQuery Mobile is compatible with all major mobile platforms as well as all major desktop browsers, including iPhone, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Palm, Symbian, Windows Mobile, Opera Mobile/Mini, Firefox Mobile and all modern desktop browsers, etc.
How to use jQuery Mobile?
For detailed articles on how to use jQuery Mobile, you may refer the helpful resources at: jQuery Mobile website
That’s it for now!
Did you like this article on what jQuery Mobile is, why jQuery Mobile is used and how to use jQuery Mobile? Post your comments below.